Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Fantasyland Gets A Makeover

For some time now Disney has vaguely mentioned their plans for a Fantasyland expansion in the Magic Kingdom. Last year we learned that those plans included the closing of Mickey's Toontown Fair and the past few months those of you that have taken a trip to Orlando may have noticed some work being done. Well yesterday, Disney provided us with a glimpse into what the future of Fantasyland looks like.

What they are calling the "largest expansion in Magic Kingdom history" will include the addition of some great new rides that include "The Seven Dwarfs Mine Train" and even a new sit down dinner dining experience called "Be Our Guest." 

I especially look forward to the additions that will be based on my favorite Disney movie, Beauty and the Beast. Disney announced that the Fantasyland expansion will include the Beast's castle, Belle's cottage and Gaston's Tavern. 

Although I'm excited about the new things to come which are said to be completed by 2013, I am sad to see many things go. One of the hardest things I will have to come to terms with is the destruction of Mickey's house. I have an endless amount of memories there as a child (and even an adult). I'll never forget my excitement standing in line, walking through his house to pay a visit to the mouse that started it all. 

To me it is kind of ironic that they are closing Toontown and Mickey's house, after all as Walt Disney once said, "I hope we never lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse."

To read all about their expansion plans announced yesterday, check out the official Disney Parks Blog.

1 comment:

  1. Noooo! I was looking fwd to taking Robbie to Mickey's house!!!

    ReplyDelete