Friday, April 27, 2012

Magical Blogorail Green: Favorite Character Dining Experience


Welcome to those of you joining me from Disney Living and those of you just hopping aboard. I am the 2nd stop on our Magical Blogorail.
My favorite character dining experience is Chef Mickey's at Disney's Contemporary Resort

Chef Mickey's offers a great character dining experience for both breakfast and dinner with all of the classic Disney characters we all love so much - Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, Donald, Daisy, Goofy & the Chipmunks (at least those were all the characters I met when I was little and used to go for their breakfast). 

When I went most recently for dinner I only saw Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, Donald & Goofy. As an adult at Chef Mickey's I feel like a kid again. I think any character dining experience at the Disney Parks can easily transform any adult back to a kid (I still get giddy when I see them and take a picture with them). My favorite part is watching how the kids at the restaurant react. It brings back my childhood memories in an instant, but then again I haven't grown up all that much thanks to Disney!

The key to enjoying Chef Mickey's is to go hungry! It's an all you care to enjoy buffet style with all the yummy Disney food you can imagine! 

The only downfall to Chef Mickey's is that it is quite a pricey character dining experience. For breakfast adults pay $36 and for dinner it's now gone up to $60. And a new policy as of October 2011 now makes you hold the reservation with a credit card and gives you up to one day prior to cancel. This new policy will probably make getting a reservation much easier than it used to be (it was nearly impossible), but since it was only 2 of us we were able to walk in and be seated. Although pricey, I highly recommend this character dining experience for anyone both young and old! 

Below are some pictures of my most recent trip (I tried to find the ones from when I was 4, but would have had to have gone through hundreds of my mom's photo albums). 





Thank you for joining me today. Your next stop on the Magical Blogorail Loop is A Disney Mom’s Thoughts
Here is the map of our Magical Blogorail should you happen to have to make a stop along the way and want to reboard:
1st Stop ~ Disney Living

4 comments:

  1. We've done lots of character meals, but have yet to experience this one. We have an ADR for breakfast in September though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Chef Mickey's! It's up there at the top of my faves list. Cute pics!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love Chef Mickeys! It's worth the cost (and the noise)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We really love Chef Mickey's, though it is pricey. We have had dinner and breakfast there and enjoyed both. I will say it is one of the louder of the character meals.

    ReplyDelete