Wednesday, March 2, 2011

My first 5K - Disney style!

Last Saturday I ran my first ever official 5K - The Beauty and the Beast Royal Family 5K at Epcot (part of the weekend's events for the Disney Princess 1/2 marathon). I've been running 3 miles here and there for some time now but never officially signed up for a race. I decided a while back that if I were going to sign up for my first race, it would have to be a Disney one!

Although I was extremely sick, that didn't stop me! There is definitely something great about Disney races (even though I haven't run any other races) because the entire time you have your personal group of Disney cheerers pushing you to take the next step - encouraging you every step of the way. Even though at times I felt so sick I could have easily just walked it, their cheers of "You can do it Princess" really gets you to take the next stride forward!




I was extremely happy when I crossed that finish line. And now I'm ready for my next Disney race the Everest Challenge on May 7th! The Expedition Everest Challenge is not your typical race as it is a 5K obstacle course followed by a scavenger hunt at Disney's Animal Kingdom.

4 comments:

  1. congratulations....

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats girl! you did awesome! that medal is co cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool! My husband's a runner. I didn't realize there were so many events throughout the year. That Everest one looks fun! Too bad we're so far away (TX)!

    I'm following your blog!

    ~Jodi Whisenhunt
    www.magicalmouseschoolhouse.com, where Disney IS school (Magical Blogorail Yellow)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Disney has tons of race events throughout the year! You should plan a trip around one of them. :)

    ReplyDelete